“UH WOW 2013″ – A Campus–Wide Search for Pride
Welcome to the 2013 UH Weeks of Welcome Scavenger Hunt. As part of this campus-wide search for pride, you will learn more about a few UH traditions, discover some of the unique offerings at UH, become more familiar with campus, and hopefully make some new friends along the way. This hunt is not meant to be competitive, so there is no need for you to be the first to complete all task. However, you must complete all tasks to qualify for the three prize drawings, which include a chance to win either an IPAD 3, $300 Barnes & Noble Gift card or a UH Gift Pack (valued at $150). Rules related to your participation are listed below.
About the Hunt
The UH WOW Hunt runs from August 28th to September 6th, during which time participants can join the hunt by downloading the “Scavenger Hunt with Friends LITE” mobile app and uploading creative photos for the list of items in the hunt.
Joining the Hunt
To join the hunt, simply:
- Download the “Scavenger Hunt with Friends LITE” app from the App Store…
Download for Android
Download for iPhone
- Join the Hunt
- Open the app, create a username and password, and search for the “UH WOW 2013″ hunt.
- Once the hunt begins on August 28th, you will be able to see the list of items and begin uploading your photos.
Downloading the App
- Students must complete each task correctly before 11:30 p.m. on Friday, September 6th to qualify for any of the prize drawings.
- Prize winners must go through enrollment verification before receiving any prize, which will confirm enrollment in at least 3 credit hours at the University of Houston central campus and that all accounts are in good standing.
- Photo submissions depicting violations of the UH Student Code of Conduct will result in disqualification and may lead to further disciplinary action.
UH Photo Waiver
By clicking “join this hunt”, I represent that I am 18 or over and hereby authorize the University of Houston and its employees, agents, and contractors to utilize any information including photographs that I post on the Scavenger Hunt with Friends App for purposes related to the educational mission of the University (e.g., educational, publicity, and marketing purposes) and its various programs without compensation to me. In other words, if I post a really cool photo, I agree that it can be placed on a University of Houston website or other media without compensation to me.