“UH1UP Challenge” – Are you up for the challenge? #UH1UP
Welcome to the UH1UP Challenge scavenger hunt. In completing this set of tasks, you will find resources for your academic and professional success, learn about the university, and network with your fellow Coogs. YOU MAY COMPLETE THIS SET OF TASKS IN ANY ORDER. Visit http://www.uh.edu/uh1up/ for resources to help you with the tasks. The first 500 participants to complete all 7 tasks will receive a special UH prize. Additionally, each participant to complete all tasks will qualify for a chance to win a Grand Prize. Grand Prizes will be awarded according to a random drawing after the close of the hunt. Grand Prizes will include a MacBook Air, and five iPad Minis. Be sure to sign in to the app with an accurate email address – prize winners will be notified via email. Rules related to your participation are listed below.
About the Hunt
The UH1UP starts Monday, September 9th 2013 at 5:00 AM and ends Tuesday, November 26th 2013 at 11:30 PM. During this time, participants can join the hunt by downloading the “Scavenger Hunt with Friends LITE” mobile app and uploading creative photos for the list of items in the hunt.
Joining the Hunt
To join the hunt, simply:
- Download the “Scavenger Hunt with Friends LITE” app from the App Store…
Download for Android
Download for iPhone
- Join the Hunt
- Open the app, create a username and password, and search for the “Uh1up” hunt.
- Once the hunt begins on September 9th, you will be able to see the list of items and begin uploading your photos.
Downloading the App
- Students must complete each task correctly before 11:30 p.m. on Tuesday, November 26th 2013 to qualify for any of the prizes.
- Prize winners must go through enrollment verification before receiving any prize, which will confirm enrollment in at least 3 credit hours at the University of Houston central campus and that all accounts are in good standing.
- Photo submissions depicting violations of the UH Student Code of Conduct will result in disqualification and may lead to further disciplinary action.
UH Photo Waiver
By clicking “join this hunt”, I represent that I am 18 or over and hereby authorize the University of Houston and its employees, agents, and contractors to utilize any information including photographs that I post on the Scavenger Hunt with Friends App for purposes related to the educational mission of the University (e.g., educational, publicity, and marketing purposes) and its various programs without compensation to me. In other words, if I post a really cool photo, I agree that it can be placed on a University of Houston website or other media without compensation to me.